If you have an agricultural well, you want to get the most out of it. Here are five tips from Pinckney Well Drilling and Geothermal so you can make the best use of your agricultural well in Beaufort, Bluffton, and surrounding areas of South Carolina:
- Efficient design – A great design can go a long way when it comes to getting the most use out of an agricultural well. Consider the following during the initial design of your well:
- Water intake – You’ll need to factor in how much water your well will be taking in. The placement of your well is also key.
- Water yield and the aquifer – A productive design needs to factor in the yield, or speed in which the water streams into the aquifer.
- Selecting the right pump – Getting the correctly sized pump for your well system is very important for getting the most production. Talk to one of our employees about getting the right pump for your system today.
- Developing your well – What is well development? This is a process of opening the crevices, pore spaces, and cracks on your aquifer, and then repairing any damages that occurred during the drilling. This process also requires the removal of any fine material surrounding the well.
- Managing water usage – Keeping an eye on your water consumption keeps you from wasting groundwater, which keeps your well from drying out. Manage your well water supply by determining which areas of your property require the most water. For example, do you need more irrigation in one field than another due to the type of crops you’re growing? Do everything you can to constantly manage and maintain these areas, especially when there’s not a drought.
- Operation and maintenance of your well – When you don’t get regular well maintenance, you can seriously damage your well. Plus, it saves you way more money to get your agricultural well maintained rather than having to dig an entirely new one.
If you need to install a new agricultural well or need maintenance on your existing one, call Pinckney Well Drilling and Geothermal today! We’ve served Bluffton, Beaufort, and surrounding areas of the South Carolina Lowcountry for well over 100 years. We promise you’ll be satisfied with our work. Trust us to keep a good supply of water going to your crops, farmland, or livestock.